As we sit in our homes, quarantined like the rest of the world, we find ourselves reflecting on what’s important – family, health, and living a more eco-conscious life.
What is certain, is that there has been a huge boom in manufacturing technology lately that has allowed more consumers access to upcycled products, possibly, more than ever before.
This exciting new normal has sparked a fire in every industry’s culture and left an impact that says, leave behind a better planet for the next generation.
As for Vantage, well, we are always looking for the next trend while keeping our beautiful mother earth in mind.
Our current line of products is broken up into Earthwise, high-performing essentials, Climate, all season outerwear, and Coastal, silhouettes that are relaxed and have a laid-back look and feel.
Read on to discover what we’re doing to keep the planet green.
In manufacturing, materials that are certified recycled or organic are being used, along with dyes that do not contain harmful chemicals and utilize wastewater programs.
The Vantage Earthwise collection, which includes the 8060 Vansport Polo, 8065 Vansport Eureka Shirt and 8062 Vansport Trek Hoodie are the epitome of Feel Good Fashion.
Earthwise offers high-performing essentials that are super comfy, easy to style and feature a broad range of decorating options that include, embroidery, heat transfers, and screen printing.
Each style is made with certified and traceable high-quality REPREVE® recycled polyester, plastic bottles that are collected (not produced), to help keep plastic bottles from ending up in our oceans and landfills.
Additionally, we’ve partnered with 1% for the planet and pledged to donate a portion of Earthwise sales to nonprofits committed to protecting our environment.
Clean Ocean Action, a New Jersey based nonprofit organization was chosen not only for their dedication to protecting beaches and waterways but also for their locality which allows Vantage members to participate in community events like Beach Sweeps along the New Jersey Coastline.
Consumers are looking for functional products that serve a purpose and meet an important need over fast fashion.
Transitional items that are versatile enough to go from day to night or season to season.
Our Climate collection features versatile, all-season outerwear for unpredictable conditions.
Both useful and fashionable, these transitional layers are crafted with comfortable fabrics (like the 3180 Denali Jacket), quality construction and timeless styling.
These durable styles feature protection properties like UV protection, water-repellency or waterproof, as seen in the 7370 Newport Jacket, and breathability and stretch.
Enjoy our Climate Collection digital catalog, which features an array of products that are sure to fit all seasonal layering needs.
More and more you will notice that we are becoming a travel-centric generation and fulfilling that calling of wanderlust is certainly paramount.
Consumers are looking for comfort in their apparel – less restrictive, ease of movement, flowy and relaxed silhouettes.
In our Coastal collection, silhouettes are more relaxed and looser with a laid-back look and feel like our 3120 Baja Hoodie.
Design elements also take a nod from our coasts with watercolor prints and stripes and skyline views such as seen in our 2495 Vansport Pro Riviera Polo.
Many performance-based fabrics are engineered to create a softer, luxurious hand.
These silhouettes are commonly worn on vacation, holiday, amongst friends or can even be worked into everyday wardrobes.
Decoration and Placement
*BONUS* (because it’s all about the logo), we’ve highlighted the latest decoration trends so that you can feel confident in choosing the best placement and method to go with a specific style, fabric or theme.
- Use the garment design for logo placements - full front and chest blocks, side blocks, forward shoulder seams, and back seams.
- Screen Print and Heat transfers are no longer just for t-shirts – look to offer these throughout multiple categories like polos, pullovers, and fleece. Also, note the weight and smoothness of these methods complement lightweight and airy fabrics.
- Patches are very popular (in a variety of fabrics), especially on outerwear and layering styles. Patches are also a great solution for highly textured fabrics as the background prevents the logo from getting lost or sinking into the fabric of the garment.
- For personalized or discrete decoration, look for items with inner pockets, like our Zocket™ pocket, that can be used to feature a company message, monogram or icon using embroidery or heat transfer.
- For caps, create more interest utilizing the front side panel. This placement gives a unique look to a basic cap while keeping the embroidered logo visible from the front. Patch applique is a fun alternative for our flat knit beanie caps.
Be sure to download our latest trend report for more tips.
About The Author
Aja Daye is the Marketing and Events Coordinator for Vantage Apparel. When she isn't working on campaigns and events, she enjoys reading Stephen King novels and taking epic rides on her longboard.